Authentic Indigenous Storytelling in VR
You’d be remiss if you don’t come away savoring the thick taste of wet pinewood smoke as the indigenous presenters take you virtually along a river who waters the thirst of 18 Million. Join Standing Rock water protectors along the frozen banks of the Missouri to her headwaters for a sleepy mountain town’s AR art. The presenters will inspire and introduce you to Native American new media activism. Experience immersive technology that’s giving voice to endangered languages and perspectives.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can VR/AR support respectful preservation of Native American cultures, languages, and traditions while expanding uninformed minds?
- How can other technologically-innovative artists and engineers pool their skills to collaborate with and give voice to Indigenous communities?
- Which projects demonstrate interactive storytelling in activism, parks and museums, language learning, and art as examples for VR with a purpose?
- Caroline Running Wolf, Director, Buffalo Tongue, Inc.
- Michael Running Wolf, Software Developer, Standing Rock VR
- David Manuel Pinedo, Chief Founder, Figments of Reality
Heather Barfield, Board Member, EFF-Austin, Digital Arts Coalition
Show me another