Lawyered: Lessons from Foursquare, Meetup and Etsy
Lawyered! Brian Chase, General Counsel of Foursquare, David Pashman, General Counsel of Meetup, and Sarah Feingold, Counsel of Etsy, reminisce of legal lessons learned while working for exciting and growing start ups.
- What do you wish you knew about your company before you left your cushy law firm job and joined a start-up? What in your background helped prepare you for the tech start-up world? How many instances of legal malpractice or accounting fraud did you uncover?
- What are the most challenging legal issue that tech companies will face in 2013? How will consumer and government backlash regarding privacy impact businesses?
- How do you keep all of the product, sales, and business development people from hating you?
- How do you balance protecting and helping the members of your vibrant community with protecting the business interests of your company?
- What is the most embarrassing professional experience you have had since joining your start-up?
Sarah Feingold Etsy, Inc.
Show me another