Educating Students in Recovery from Addiction
College and high school are often associated with binge drinking and experimentation with substances. Colleges across the country are recognizing the need for addiction recovery support on campus. Recovery high schools that integrate recovery support are popping up all over the country. This presentation explains how these programs function, who utilizes them, and how communities can come together to support young people pursuing both recovery and an education.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will be able to explain recovery high school and collegiate recovery programming.
- Participants will be able to describe how recovery high school programs and collegiate recovery support function.
- Participants will discuss how communities can come together to best support young people pursuing both recovery and an education.
- Sierra Castedo, Director, The Center for Students in Recovery at the University of Texas at Austin
- Julie McElrath, Executive Director, University High School
- Ducvinh Mackay, N/A, University High School
- Kennedy Engleman, Executive Principal, UT Charter School
Julie McElrath, Exec Dir, University High School
Show me another