Gender, Race and Technology
Digital Media, Animation, Gaming, and other creative fields in technology are led by and employ predominantly white males. This panel aims to explore how creative industries can expand the pipeline of talented women, people of color, and queer people and encourage them to participate in a more meaningful way. We will discuss how employers can recruit minority professionals, support, and help them maintain a place in the field and, as a result, increase market share.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do we create a corporate culture that embraces gender and racial differences within creative and technology-focused fields?
- What are the ways in which we can increase the pipeline of women, POC and queer talent leading to their participation in creative tech industries?
- How does a minority member of a team effect change and influence outcomes?
- Shey Rivera , Artistic Director, AS220
- Jennifer Bullard, Director of Program Management, Querium Corp
- Preston James, Chief Executive Officer, DIVINC
Yuliya Lanina, Artist & Educator, UT Austin
Show me another