Are We Alone? Exoplanets and Space Exploration
Are we alone? While most conversation exploring whether life exists beyond Earth focuses on discovery and proving that science fiction’s ET is real, new approaches and technologies are required for us to find out. Astrophysicists Lindy Elkins-Tanton, Mike Endl, Patrick McCarthy & Johanna Teske will discuss how scientists are searching for life elsewhere in the Universe, the technology being engaged, and how new discoveries will be enabled with the coming generation of extremely large telescopes.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is needed to find out if life exists beyond Earth?
- How can we determine if life is possible on other planets?
- As an astrophysicist, do you believe life exists beyond Earth?
- Patrick McCarthy, Director, Giant Magellan Telescope Organization
- Lindy Elkins-Tanton, Director, School of Earth and Space Exploration, Arizona State University
- Johanna Teske, Carnegie Origins Postdoctoral Fellow, DTM & Carnegie Observatories
- Michael Endl, Research Scientist & Lecturer, McDonald Observatory, University of Texas at Austin
Sarah Lewis, Account Supervisor, Giant Magellan Telescope Organization
Show me another