Making Healthcare Price Transparency Actionable
93% of Americans are “personally worried” about healthcare affordability. The physician-led non-profit Costs of Care, and Amino, a company combining big data and design thinking, are working to bring price transparency from late night Google searches into doctor’s offices. This session will describe a very near future where clinicians and patients view transparent prices and have cost conversations about medical decisions.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can we make static quality and cost information accessible and actionable in ways that improve outcomes and decreases costs for patients?
- How can clinicians learn to have effective cost conversations with patients?
- How can patients select clinicians that are equipped to make high-value care decisions with them?
- Chris Moriates, Assistant Dean for Healthcare Value; Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin
- Neel Shah, Assistant Professor at Harvard Medical school, and associate faculty at the Ariadne Labs for Health Systems Innovation, Costs of Care
- Vineet Arora, Assistant Dean for Scholarship and Discovery, Director of GME Clinical Learning Environment Innovation and an Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Chicago
- David Vivero, CEO, Amino
Chris Moriates, Assistant Dean for Healthcare Value; Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin
Show me another