Surviving the Cyber Apocalypse
"World War III is a guerrilla information war with no division between military and civilian participation,” said media theorist Marshall McLuhan. From click bait headlines focused on driving traffic, 4chan ops, twitter debate and disinformation media sites; is McLuhan right? What tools are necessary to survive in this volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world? This panel will explore the philosophy behind McLuhan’s quote and give practical advice for surviving the digital apocalypse.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Are we living in McLuhan’s world of information war?
- What role can we take to fight and defend ourselves, our companies, our institutions, and our countries?
- As we are attacked from all sides, how can we survive in an age of information war?
- Heather Vescent, Futurist, The Purple Tornado
- Elaine Raybourn, Social Scientist, Sandia National Labs
- Chris Rock, CEO, Kustodian
- Nick Selby, Law Enforcement, Cop, Author, Security Expert, Self
Heather Vescent, Futurist, The Purple Tornado
Show me another