Let's Think Critically
The business world is quick to blame all of their issues with new employees on the K-12 educational system. This is magnified when they discuss the lack of critical thinking skills they see in their workers. As one business magazine writer put it, schools don't teach rhetoric or even the scientific method any more.
In this session participants will experience critical thinking activities that they can immediately take back to their classrooms and use with their students. In addition attendees are encouraged to bring their own critical thinking activities to share.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Understand the importance of including critical thinking as a daily practice in all classrooms.
- Experience critical thinking activities that can be used immediately in the classroom.
- Understand what constitutes a "good" critical thinking activity.
- Chris Fancher, Meridian World School
- Jill Ackers, Spanish House Elementary School
Chris Fancher, Design Thinking Teacher, Merridian World School
Show me another