Sonic Connections: Making Music Globally
This session will explore the changing face of musical collaboration across borders; it will highlight the digital tools that are out there to enable musicians to connect sonically and form song ideas. We will identify successful and not so successful collaborations between artists as example case studies, and discuss ownership and rights concerns artists may have when entering the collaboration space for the first time.
- What are the barriers for musicians and artists looking to discover one another with a view to collaborating?
- How do musicians collaborate, who owns the work and how to manage content creators rights?
- What's the future, will collaborations lead to new models of music discovery for creators and music listeners and how can artists capitalize?
- Grant Tilbury, Trackd Music
- Dave Stewart, Dave Stewart
- Paul-René Albertini, Marathon Artists
- Jennifer Newman Sharpe Newman Sharpe, Jennifer Newman Sharpe, PLLC
Grant Tilbury, Artist & Label Relations, Trackd Music
Show me another