Open Up: Districts' Push for Open Data Standards
School and district leaders have made it clear: It’s time for ed tech providers to open up. Even the federal government, through its “Go Open” initiative, is getting into the act. Open data standards and interoperability appear to be the path forward. But what does this mean for both sides of the equation: tech providers and end users?
This panel of district and corporate CTOs will explore implications of the “Go Open” movement, forecasting challenges and prescribing best practices. Attendees can expect a lively discussion about open data standards and how district leaders are working with ed tech companies using an “all boats shall rise” philosophy.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Understand interoperability: Attendees will walk away with a clear understanding of the risks and rewards associated with open data standards.
- Gain an on-the-ground perspective: Attendees will hear directly from CTOs at a diverse set of districts about the current state of interoperability.
- Usable advice: Attendees will leave the session with actionable tips they can use to advance open data standards in their own districts.
- Mary Jo Madda, EdSurge
- Beatriz Arnillas, Houston Independent School District
- Marisa Urbano, McGraw-Hill Education
- Mark Angel, Renaissance Learning
Danny Paulmeyer, Account Coord, C.Blohm & Associates
Show me another