Teaching: Art, Science, or Both?
Educational outcomes today can be shaped as much by research and science as by the individual cultures and talents of schools and teachers. This session compares trends and changes in modern teaching that are rooted in data and research with those that emerge organically from the passion and creativity of educators. Should future education policies be defined more by the bottom-up art or the top-down science of learning?
- Understand research and practices that all educators can learn to improve learning outcomes.
- Hear from educators about how passion, creativity and grit can help teachers succeed.
- Join a discussion on how to blend the science of learning with the art of teaching.
- Heath Morrison, McGraw-Hill Education
- Karolyn Belcher, TNTP (The New Teacher Project)
- James E. Ford, Public School Forum
- Rebecca Mieliwocki, Luther Burbank Middle School
Mark Merz, Sr Digital Communications Mgr, McGraw-Hill Education
Show me another