Political Strategy for Legalizing Marijuana
The Marijuana Policy Project’s Rob Kampia is so good at political predictions about marijuana that he hasn’t been wrong since 2006. With Rob as the moderator, this panel will explain how and why the landscape of marijuana policy is shifting so quickly. Panelists will go on to predict which states will be next to pass both medical and adult-use marijuana legislation and to debate what year Congress will finally change federal law.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What led to the sudden shift in marijuana laws across the country?
- Which states are next in line to pass marijuana legislation, and what factors determine when states are ready to push for reform?
- What needs to happen in order for Congress to change federal marijuana policy?
- Rob Kampia, Marijuana Policy Project
- Zoe Russell, Republicans Against Marijuana Prohibition
- Steve DeAngelo, Harborside Health Center
- Montel Williams, Montel Media Group
Rob Kampia, Exec Dir, Marijuana Policy Project
Show me another