YX Design - Schools should be more like Startups
In the startup world, User Experience(UX) Design is the process of enhancing user satisfaction by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the user and the product.
What if this process was adapted for education and youth development? We are calling it Youth Experience(YX) Design and have designed a process that adapts UX design principles in order to develop and iterate youth programming by schools and organizations.
Our panel shares the process and invites the conversation of how schools and youth organizations should be operating more like startups by adopting the way they iterate their products to create better experiences for users.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Learn the YX Design Process and it's adaption roots from startup culture.
- Understand the goals and context-of-use of current & potential youth.
- Use that understanding to design curriculum and programming within the constraints of resources and technology.
- Michael Cordero, Urban Arts Partnership
- Eda Levenson, Urban Arts Partnership
- Dixie Ching, HIVE Research Lab
Michael Cordero, Mgr of Educational Technology & Media, Urban Arts Partnership
Show me another