The Future of Building Things
Proponents of 3D printing say it has the potential to radically alter a number of industries, enable rapid prototyping and cut time to market, as well as democratize manufacturing. This discussion will explore various aspects of the emerging technology, its current limitations and also explore the macroeconomic implications as building moves from emerging economies like China back to more established ones (US, UK, etc).
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the current limitations of 3D printing?
- What are its current, most productive applications?
- Why is rapid prototyping important and what are its industrial implications?
- What does this mean for economies that are based on industrial manufacturing in the next 10 years? Will there be a significant move back to local manufacturing?
- What does this mean for logistics and the supply chain?
- Benjamin Palmer, CEO, Barbarian Group
- Felix Salmon, Columnist, Reuters
- Cheryl Kellon, CEO, BIA Sport
- Abe Reichental, CEO, 3D systems
Colin Nagy, Executive Director, Barbarian Group
Show me another