How to Keep EFF & the ACLU Off Your Ass
Make no mistake, privacy is not dead. If it was, privacy snafus wouldn’t still be making headlines. Failing to build in privacy protections is the quickest way to put your company smack in the middle of a PR disaster. Girls Around Me, anyone? When the privacy shit hits the fan, tech reporters want to know what privacy watchdog organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the American Civil Liberties Union think. If you messed up, we’re going to have something to say and we don’t do kid gloves. The good news is that so many of the privacy-related PR disasters could have been prevented with some simple advance planning. Hear from two of the top people that tech reporters call for comment when there’s a new product that has everyone talking. They will tell you how to plan ahead to avoid privacy & PR nightmares, saving your company time and money while enhancing reputation and building customer loyalty and trust.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Does anyone really care about privacy?
- I’m really busy and trying to get my product finished. Can’t the privacy stuff be dealt with after my company gets funded?
- How am I supposed to take the time to figure out complex legal and privacy issues?
- Maybe attention for my company will be a good thing -- isn’t all press good press?
- Who should I check with to see if my app or product passes the sniff test? What resources are out there to help me figure this stuff out?
Rebecca Jeschke Electronic Frontier Foundation
Show me another