Why We STILL Love the Honey Badger
The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger is pretty badass, as evidenced by 50 million YouTube views, a book, a commercial for nuts and a merchandise line exploding in popularity. During this panel, Tony Mennuto, Creative Director at RadioFace, will lead a discussion about what makes ideas viral and spread contagiously, exploring what’s funny and what’s not, what sticks and why things fizzle, and how improv can improve your chances of getting famous for doing something... well, ridiculous. Join Randall, the Honey Badger himself, and Tony to discuss the success of one of the internet's most infamous videos.
- How did Randall originally come up with the voiceover idea for Honey Badger and why?
- Why did The Honey Badger video/idea go viral and spread contagiously so quickly?
- Why did this particular video stick and why do some other creative ideas fizzle?
- What was the role of the voiceover in The Honey Badger?
- Why is improv important to creativity and how can it be beneficial to projects?
Beryl Crofton-Atkins SoundLounge