How Facebook Custom Actions Grew The Business
Last year, Facebook rolled out the Open Graph (which integrates with people's personal newsfeed, timeline and ticker), allowing brands to connect to a user’s Facebook social graph. In 2012 brands can now create custom actions using any verb and object related to the activity taking place on the app.
We created a custom action for the wishlist feature on our travel website - responsibletravel.com, which means that when someone logs in using Facebook and creates a wishlist of holidays that they want to take, the action of "wishlisting" a holiday appears in their ticker, timeline and newsfeed - thus spreading the word about our holidays.
Responsibletravel.com are a relatively small player in the world of travel with approximately 350,000 unique visitors a month to the site, therefore we had to find a way to stand out from the bigger players that could grow the business. The Facebook app was how we did this.
- How Facebook custom actions work to help build your website traffic and business.
- How to decide if a Facebook custom actions app is right for your website.
- The steps involved in using Facebook custom actions - not the technical steps, but what you need to consider in putting it all together.
- Marketing your app. Suggestions and ideas from what we have done to promote the app.
- How to keep up the contact with your app users to encourage further use.
- Lara Solomon, Head of Communications, responsibletravel.com Ltd
Lara Solomon, Head of Communications, responsibletravel.com Ltd
Show me another