PR for Crowdfunded Projects in Age of Kickstarter
Tech writer Leena Rao in 2012 observed the trend of venture capitalists getting into public relations by providing PR as another service the VC can offer, crediting the increase in seed stage investing by VC firms as one of the reasons for this PR trend. However, the rise of Kickstarter and crowdfunding (as of July 2012 there’s been $241M raised for completed successful projects for Kickstarter) has heralded a new age and very different style in funding. What is the role of PR for crowdfunded projects or startups with seed money from crowdfunded sites? Entrepreneurs are increasingly noting how PR and marketing can be beneficial when it comes to Kickstarter projects. This presentation will discuss PR best practices, lessons, strategies and tactics on how to drum up interest for projects, campaign launches and more for crowdfunded projects.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is PR for Kickstarter/crowdfunded projects different from PR for startups that are non-crowdfunded?
- I have no idea how to do PR. How do I get started?
- What are PR best practices, lessons, strategies and tactics for crowdfunded projects?
- How can I do PR on a shoestring budget? Should I or when should I hire a PR agency?
- What's the role of PR for crowdfunded projects and why is it important?
- Connie Zheng, Associate, North of Nine Communications
Connie Zheng, Associate, North of Nine Communications
Show me another