Food, Tech & Music: The Future
Synergies in food, tech and music are emerging - how can we accelerate these networks and create a more sustainable future of food and health?
Tech leaders, musicians and advocates are utilizing data, emerging technologies and innovative partnerships and events to explore new models of communication and collaboration: what is working and where are the gaps in creating global impact and solution drive innovation? How can we leverage our unique audiences and resources to get people to wake up to a more sustainable future?
This panel seeks to energize the food and music convergence as we discuss the latest models for growing movements, mapping information and leveraging technology. Emerging trends in mobile, data and cross-platform development and live events will be explored as well as challenges raised which impact the future of this trend.
- 1. How are musicians, technologists, chefs and advocates creating models, events and/or tools which support a more sustainable future? Where are the gaps and how can we create support next steps, starting today.
- 2. Best ways to make information and data available in food, tech, music communities? * Examples: Food + Tech Connect’s hackathons, InBloom's App, Community Models and Concerts (Farm Aid, Sweetwater, SF: Stag Dining and Burning Man Nonprofit), Eat Well Guide co-branded tools; and emerging mobile technologies.
- 3. What is the viral impact of data applications? How can we reach new constituencies and expand visibility across media?
- 4. Is there an open data standard for food? What are the challenges and opportunities in data collection and collaboration in outreach to music communities?
- 5. What's next? Emerging models. (Origin. Magazine, DJ Spooky food project remixes, Farm Aid tools, Underground Supper Clubs, Eat Real at College etc). How can we escalate reach and create collaborations that maximize sustainability and impact while leveraging resources?
- Eytan Oren Eytan & The Embassy
- Tim West Cerealize.com | Grub.ly
- Danielle Gould Food + Tech Connect
- Destin Layne GRACE Communications Foundation
Destin Joy Layne GRACE Communications Foundation