Sex and The Start-up: Marketing to Women
Move over tech portals— if you want rapid adoption for your startup, it's all about lifestyle magazines and daytime talk shows. In case you haven't heard, women make or influence over 85% of the household purchases, and they're ravenous for technology that fixes their lifestyle problems. Will your startup deliver? Let's discuss marketing tactics that work, and ones that will get you shunned by the fairer sex. I'll share all I've learned developing my web show, helping tech startups and clients like Intel and Cisco reach women audiences, and serving up tech tips on the Today Show. Plus, I'll poll my audience and peers in blogging and mainstream media to bring you real-life answers to common questions. Warning: Appealing to women just might help you build a smarter product.
- Why should I consider a woman's needs when designing my product?
- What do women want when it comes to product design?
- What are the simplest and most impactful things I can do to excite the ladies?
- What makes a woman download (and keep using) an app?
- How do I approach bloggers and mainstream media without pissing people off or getting lost in the noise?
- Carley Knobloch, Founder, Digitwirl
Carley Knobloch, Founder, Digitwirl
Show me another