Can Hip Hop Save Us: Part II
As a follow up to the popular session “Can Hip Hop Save Us?” from SXSWedu 2016, this panel asks how vibrant youth culture and technology can be used to create meaningful and culturally relevant learning experiences for young people. What is the role of artists in shaping the way young people learn? How can artists, educators and technologists work together to build new models of learning that reflect the culture of the youth we serve? In a conversation between musicians, educators, and artists, we will explore the relationship between education, experience, entertainment, and culture.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is potential impact on society if artists and educators had a united front?
- How do the arts inform public policy, especially as it relates to education?
- How can digital technology reflect youth culture and support new models of learning and engagement?
- James Miles, Urban Arts Partnership
- Chenits Pettigrew, Urban Arts Partnership
- Alex Rappaport, Flocabulary
- Andra Day, Self
James Miles, Dir of Education, Urban Arts Partnership
Show me another