Cultivating Attuned Connections in UX Research
UX research is the foundation of empathic design. We teach UX researchers to lean in and attune to people with a curious, compassionate presence. Emphasizing mindfulness and attunement by the researcher, we invite research participants to reveal the ways in which they organize experience, especially around their vulnerability and unexpressed longings. As we gently discover the ways people organize their private experience, we are better able to go below surface level of everyday expression and touch deeper truths. We then communicate these essential themes and more delicate insights to design teams and product owners via specific video technique, bringing the empathic connection full circle.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can researchers use their personal presence to expand and deepen the field of inquiry rather than detract from it?
- How can researchers convey the user's experience in a way that elicits empathy in design teams and executive decision makers?
- What do researchers need to be in a state of empathic attunement?
- Jessica Steinbomer, Progress UX Research
- Flint Sparks, Appamadda
- Jon-Eric Steinbomer, Progress UX Research
- Nic Askew, Soul Biographies
Amber King, UX Researcher & Curriculum Dir, Progress UX Research LLC
Show me another