The HollaDeck 3.0 - Your Classroom in 4D
How do we integrate Edtech in the classroom when schools are characterized by systemic inequity? Technology can’t just be airlifted in - it has to be culturally responsive. The HollaDeck is an interactive flipped classroom where students engage in a self-directed exploration of academic content, via original hip hop music and videos. We’re returning to SXSWEdu with more Fresh Ed music, role-playing, and widely accessible technology adapted for classroom use, such as mobile phones, AR and VR apps, and karaoke. This year, learn how to create your own with the HollaDeck Kit, a blueprint that allows educators to develop their own HollaDeck using open source tech and youth generated content.
- Experience Fresh Ed’s culturally responsive approach to technology: placing youth at the center of instruction, & using tech to augment the experience
- Experience Fresh Ed’s approach to youth-driven content creation, from performance based assessments to youth being co-developers of HollaDeck content.
- Popularize the HollaDeck Kit: a guide for open source technology use that any educator can adopt, aimed at a paradigm shift in the world of edtech.
- Jamel Mims, Urban Arts Partnership
- Mikey Cordero, Urban Arts Partnership
Jamel Mims, Fresh Prep Program Mgr, Urban Arts Partnership
Show me another