Wherever You Go, There You Are: XBRL Trends
Three years after the SEC mandate that registrants file interactive data, we are beginning to see several trends emerging. The XBRL industry is undergoing a sea change that is forcing significant shifts in how XBRL data is created. As part of that sea change, registrants are taking a proactive role in compliance; from element selection to performing the tagging themselves. Compliance is one thing, using XBRL data in financial decision-making is another. Join Steven Posey as he discusses the state of XBRL data and its likely future.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do we assess the quality of XBRL data?
- What are the trends in filings telling us about the next evolution?
- Can non-public companies benefit from publicly available XBRL data?
- Where are the opportunities in XBRL data?
- Are registrants using the XBRL data filed with the SEC for financial decision-making?
- Steven Posey Rivet Software, Inc.
Steven Posey Rivet Software, Inc.
Show me another