Learning and Working in Knowmad Society
In a world driven by exponential accelerating technological and social change, globalization, and a push for more creative and context-driven innovations, how can we ensure the success of ourselves as individuals, communities, and the planet? This session on nomadic knowledge workers ("knowmads") –creative, imaginative, and innovative people who can work with almost anybody, anytime, and anywhere. We will explore the future of learning, work and how we relate with each other in this emerging paradigm.
This is a unique session that aims to present abstract ideas in an approachable workshop format where we will provide tools and encourage participants to develop their own, unique futures.
- What trends are transforming the landscape of knowledge- and innovation-based work now and into the mid-term future?
- What are the educational implications for developing human capital that is relevant for the remainder of the 21st century and beyond? What are the key skills and competencies needed to succeed?
- What are the social implications of a workforce that is hyper-individualized, borderless, and adaptive to accelerating change?
- "What's it going to take" for nations and cultures to succeed in Knowmad Society?
- Where are examples that we can learn from today in education, business, and governance that can inspire our thinking on how to build positive futures in Knowmad Society?
John Moravec Education Futures LLC
Show me another