Students as Education Innovators
What is the role of students in transforming education? The aim of the session is to build strategies that engage students in the co-creation and implementation of educational innovations. The views of a social entrepreneur and a student who have participated in experiments in Brazil will be presented to encourage discussion. One of the initiatives is an online survey created by young people to discover what their peers think about school and how they would like it to be. The other is a methodology of listening and co-creation that put together school and community. The project gained momentum after thousands of students who were dissatisfied with the education system occupied their schools.
- Share practices and the results of experiments in which students were listened to and participated in the construction of educational transformations.
- Collaboratively build principles and strategies to engage students in the co-creation and implementation of educational innovations.
- Foster the creation of a community of exchange among those interested in engaging students as agents of processes of innovation in education.
- Anna Penido, Executive director, Inspirare Institute
- Mailson Cruz de Aguiar, Student, Centro Universitário de Brasília (UniCEUB)
- Bruna Waitman, Director of Innovation and New Business, Media Education Lab (MEL)
Tatiana Klix, Editor, Porvir
Show me another