Boldly Go: Enterprise Apps, From Idea to Market
Apps are king. Or, for some, god. Either way, they are the future of not only how we play, but how we work and therein lies opportunity. In order to take advantage of this, there are several strategic steps developers must take as they set out to create a beautiful app which then, in a perfect world, morphs into a business.
First, obviously you need an idea - don't have one? We'll talk about the best lines of business and where you can have the most beneficial impact. Obviously on our minds is the enterprise - it is in dire need of savvy app developers. How can you explore that territory?
We'll also cover technical issues like how to implement an API layer to facilitate the flow of data into or out of your application or solution; how to manage and deliver the data, how to find and connect to the enterprises systems, databases and other services that you need; and last but not least, how to bring your beautiful app to market, from testing to monetizing.
Additional Supporting Materials
- So you have an idea and you have data – now what? It’s crucial to know from the outset where you see your app having the largest impact and then finding the best route to that place. We will discuss what the key factors should be in deciding which developer programs best suit your needs.
- Where do you find and how do you handle the data? We'll discuss managing the online and offline requirements, and how to comply with security and encryption.
- How do you connect to the worlds of enterprise systems, databases, web or REST services and commercial APIs?
- What's hot in the enterprise? Where are the opportunities and what are the best lines of business? Which use cases are being used and requested by a variety of industries?
- How do you "learn in the enteprise"? How do you test, adapt, and make a killer app? And, before that, how do you know whether your app should be multiplatform, hybrid, or native?
- David Brutman, Senior Director, Developer Relations, SAP
- John Wargo, Author; Senior Director, Developer Experience, SAP
David Brutman, Senior Director, Developer Relations, SAP
Show me another