The Next Wave of Social Discovery
Ever since the printing press changed the availability of content, consumers have been sharing information,gathering news, meeting people and making recommendations. Fast forward hundreds of years to the advent of social discovery, and everything - from food, to video, to dating, to finding an instant answer to any question - is readily available and tailored to suit your needs, wherever you are. The world has evolved into a dynamic social environment that provides people with entertaining interactions where implicit and explicit feedback is personalized for you, based on your likes, interests, location and behavior. We invite you to join us for what promises to be an unprecedented conversation from some of the Internet’s most innovative brands and learn how some of today’s most advanced online powerhouses successfully harness user behavior, location and science to create the best customer experience possible while still driving business gains.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What key items (likes, comments, activity, self-descriptions) give the best insight into a user behavior?
- Is there a connection between user behavior on local, personal, and entertainment sites?
- How do varying sites adjust their user experience to satisfy user feedback?
- Why is social discovery important for the relationship between users and web developers?
- What is the long-term goal of social discovery?
- Mandy Ginsberg Match.com
- Jason Finger CityGrid Media
- Streeter Seidell CollegeHumor
- Doug Leeds Ask.com
Nicole Albertson IAC