Leverage the TED platform to amplify student voice
TED Talk videos have been shown by teachers to spark curiosity in students' learning on a variety of topics - from science and technology to the humanities. TEDx Youth Events are also a platform for students to express new ideas they are passionate about. TED's education facet, TED-Ed, has online, interactive lessons. Also TED-Ed clubs engage students with content and explorations based on discovering passions and ideas worth spreading, culminating in original student TED talks. Utilizing the combination of facets can be a powerful strategy to activate and amplify your students' voices and ideas. This panel of TED-Ed Innovative Educators discusses how, and why it is important.
Additional Supporting Materials
- TED-Ed Innovative Educators will demonstrate how to utilize the TED-Ed platform to activate deeper student learning through engaging online lessons.
- TED-Ed Innovative Educators will share how TED-Ed Clubs and TEDx events have amplified student voice in their global communities.
- The panel will elaborate on the TED-Ed Innovative Educator program and its impact as a professional development community.
- Lamar Schrader, Lake Travis High School
- Liz Loether, Cajon Valley School District
- Corey Holmer, Lake Forest High School SD 115
- Alicia Lane, TED-Ed, DC Public Schools
Lamar Schrader, Teacher, Lake Travis High School
Show me another