Brogramming Your Way to Better BizDev Deals
Forget the slick Powerpoint slides by the guy in khakis and a blazer. Developers are once again in the driver's seat, and they are changing the game of how we make deals in tech. Hotshots and hobbyists used to gather at the Homebrew Computer Club. Now they use hackathons and APIs to get under the hood quickly and build functional prototypes with great data. But all hackathons are not created equal. Useful hackathons recognize that developers (men and women) like to tinker, experiment, and socialize a little differently. Done correctly, hackathons also create connections to new talent, partners and and investors based on merit and skills in a pressure-cooker of real-time, agile coding sessions -- instead relying on reputation and a deck to make deals.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why are robust APIs at the heart of bizdev 2.0 movement?
- How many hackers does a good hackathon require? Can it be virtual?
- What are the three most important preparations for a hackathon?
- What’s the most common hackathon faux pas?
- How do you handle and manage the ratio of developers, designers, and voyeurs at a hack event to ensure a good result?
- Delyn Simons, Vice President, Developer Platform, Mashery
Tiffany Ho, Marketing Coordinator, Mashery
Show me another