AI & Deep Learning Tech – Are We Ready
Just as we're becoming accustomed to an Internet of Things (IoT) way of life from wristbands that count our steps to machines reacting to our voices, the more complex world of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Deep Learning machines is here and growing. Policy implications abound for both innovators and the government. This panel will examine the policy challenges of AI with Congresswoman Suzan Delbene (D-WA), a key leader on tech policy on Capitol Hill, Rohit Prasad, Amazon's Alexa Machine Learning specialist and Terah Lyons, a former White House Office of Science and Technology Policy advisor on AI.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is the latest in federal oversight of the Internet of Things innovations and how will this impact the advancement of AI?
- What can government do to promote innovation in AI? Light regulatory touch? How do we determine the best rules for the AI road?
- Where is the U.S. in R&D and policies to promote AI, compared to our global neighbors?
- Chani Wiggins, TwinLogic Strategies
- Rohit Prasad, Amazon
- Suzan DelBene, United States House of Representatives
- Terah Lyons, (Note: Former – by March 2017) White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP)
Kevin Casey, Legislative Mgr, TwinLogic Strategies
Show me another