Get Lit: Inspiring Undergrads to Publish in Health
Project-based, creative, interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial endeavors are the highest forms of learning. In this session, we show how we mentored 7 different student interprofessional teams to write, illustrate and publish books on topics in STEM and public health, like diabetes, vaccines, & antibiotic stewardship. The ins and outs of production and publication will be shared for undergrads, including, but not limited to: social media use, digital crowdfunding, interprofessional communication, storyboarding, finding sponsors, and selling books. Last, we will share stories of how students leveraged their publications into meaningful and exciting post graduate opportunities.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Discuss interprofessional team make up across colleges for student book publishing projects, including recruitment of the best & brightest.
- List the steps necessary to mentor, write, illustrate, and publish a children's book from beginning to end.
- Create amazing opportunities for students after college by maximizing and leveraging their publishing projects before graduation.
- Erin Albert, Pharm, LLC
- Lisa Hines, Butler University Lacy School of Business
- Angela Lupton, College of Education, Butler University
Erin Albert, Entrepreneur/Writer/Pharmacist/STEM Cheerleader, Pharm LLC
Show me another