The Social Media Chef
Eddie Huang is one of the food world's brightest young stars, boldly redefining American identity for the 21st century as a writer, chef, entrepreneur and TV personality. Huang was born in the American South to FOB ("fresh off the boat") Taiwanese parents. After misadventures as an unlikely lawyer, street fashion designer, and stand-up comic, Eddie finally threw everything he loved into his own restaurant, Baohaus, the superhot East Village hangout. While other chefs have stayed in the kitchen, Eddie has become just as prolific outside of it, defining his own lane as an outspoken cultural commentator. His groundbreaking use of social media has garnered him a place on Zagat’s 30 Under 30 list and made him a must-follow on Twitter (@MrEddieHuang). Never one to shy away from controversy, he has a raw, uncut, wit to his voice that resonates with fans of his popular blog Fresh Off the Boat.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can restaurants and chefs better utilize social media?
- How do you time manage and respond to the demands of your foodie followers?
- How has tech transformed the restaurant business?
- How can social media build a chef’s brand?
- When should you wade into controversy on social networks?
- Eddie Huang Baohaus
Kate Childs Random House
Show me another