Hey A-hole, Stop Calling Yourself a Guru
With the rise of social media, too many people are calling themselves social media gurus, ninjas, or samurais. Hold on just a minute... If you’re calling yourself that, you’re probably not one. Gurus, ninjas, and samurais do exist-- Yamato Takeru, Kirigakure Saizō or even the infamous Mr.Miyagi. Alas, none of them do social media.
But if not gurus, ninjas, or samurais, what do you call the people who specialize in social media? Gary Vaynerchuk said in TechCrunch that 99.5% of social media experts are clowns. Well let’s bring in the clowns!
Join our team of people working with the social media circus, Amy Higgins from Google + Local, Erin Robbins O’Brien from Viralheat, and Evan Hamilton from UserVoice, as they discuss what social media really was, is and may become - to consumers and businesses - in a lightening fast panel discussion-- complete with buzzers and laughter abound. Cotton candy is optional.
- If social media “gurus” do not exist, what do you call them?
- Social media management falls under the hat of Community Managers-- a lil’ known term for those social media gurus out there. But, what do Community Managers do and how do they differ from Social Media Managers?
- Community Managers is a broad term. Just how many hats do they wear?
- Death to the social media guru! On to the future of Community Manager! What does their future look like?
- Who is bringing the cotton candy?
Amy Higgins Google + Local SF