How Financial Firms Can Move from Spam to Social
The attraction of social media is that it is the most informal and instantaneous of modern communications. Ironically, the standard operating procedure for most financial services firms is to pre-approve every post before it goes out, despite the fact that FINRA makes allowances for much greater flexibility based upon post review in many cases. We will host a discussion of where and how post review can be employed as an effective compliance tool to enable FinServ companies to use social media as it was intended.
- How are financial services firms currently using social media?
- What are the restrictions (legal and otherwise) that have limited financial services firms' use of social to date?
- What opportunities are social media firms currently missing due to their restricted use of social?
- What technologies are available to financial services companies to help them participate in social?
- How can reviewing communications after they are posted (i.e. "post review") enable financial services to capitalize on the opportunities they are currently missing?
James Graham CMP.LY