Plug Me In! - Neural Interfaces for Musicians
Since the dawn of music, technology has paved the way for musicians to exercise their creative impulses. From the humble pan pipes to the EWI, the harpsichord to the Kurzweil, the taiko to V-Drums - musicians have found ways to harness new developments in their service to the muse. As we enter a new era of biomedial advances, musicians should embrace the possibilities that direct nervous system access offers them.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What technologies are available for neural interfaces to instruments?
- What makes a neural instrument better than a physical one?
- How do we make neural instruments accessible?
- How do we make neural instruments sexy?
- How do we make this happen?
- Alec Zopf, Software Engineer, Next Big Sound
Alec Zopf, Software Engineer, Next Big Sound
Show me another