How to work with your local government and succeed
Every entrepreneur sooner or later needs a permit, a loan, help finding space, help training employees,or something else that requires them to work with or seek assistance from their local government agencies. But for many small businesses, dealing with local governments can feel like an entry into a foreign, confusing and often frustrating alternate dimension. We’ll talk with three professionals who have worked in both business and government to shed light on how government decisions get made, what priorities and struggles they face, how those challenges may impact you, and how to make peace, build bridges and help them to help you succeed.
Additional Supporting Materials
- My local government staff seem to say no to everything I propose. Why is it so hard to get them to try something new?
- Why does it take so long to get a local government to make a decision?
- How can I work with my local government officials more effectively to help my business grow?
- Della Rucker, Principal, Wise Economy Workshop
- Mark Barbash, Senior V.P., Mark Barbash Consulting /Finance Fund
- Cathy Polasky, Chief Deputy Commissioner at State of Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, State of Minnesota
Della Rucker, Principal, Wise Economy Workshop/EngagingCities
Show me another