DevOps: Empowering Developers with Infrastructure
Configuring, deploying, and managing big data infrastructure and Hadoop in particular can be time consuming and expensive. Infochimps' Ironfan is an open source systems configuration tool that enables the entire Big Data stack, including tools for data ingestion, scraping, storage, computation, and monitoring. Spin up clusters when you need them, kill them when you don't, so you can spend your time, money, and engineering focus on finding insights, not getting your machines ready. In this talk/demo, we will actually spin up a Hadoop cluster in 20 minutes using Ironfan and tell you about some of the great projects folks in the open source community have used Ironfan to enable.
- What is DevOps and why do I care?
- What is infrastructure-as-code, and how does it benefit me?
- What is open source Ironfan, and why is it ideal for DevOps?
- How can I spin up analytic and Hadoop infrastructure more quickly?
- What are some use cases for Ironfan?
- Nathaniel Eliot Infochimps
Ryan Miller Infochimps