Building a community of STEAMers
What does a STEAM community look like? How do you inspire and lead your community members and colleagues to form one?
Explore ideas and proven concepts with dedicated community members (The Urbana Free Library and Wolfram Research), who have provided a wide range of successful workshops to increase awareness of STEAM topics. Through joint collaboration and independently, these organizations have supported 2-hour, half-day, 1-week, and 8-week long workshops for elementary and secondary students. In this session, we’ll go from top to bottom to address how to develop, implement and market programs down to the nitty-gritty of activities used to engage and inspire students.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Review successful strategies for implementing STEM-based activities for a variety of learning environments.
- Discuss approaches to introducing coding to elementary and secondary students.
- Explore methods of how to increase community involvement in STEM-based programs.
- Adriana O'Brien, Educational Outreach Manager, Wolfram Research
- Kathy Wicks, Associate Director, The Urbana Free Library
Danielle Rommel, Events Mgr, Wolfram Research
Show me another