Trials and Tribulations of Complete Site Redesign
We’ve all heard (or worse seen) the horrors of failed redesigns. Any redesign possesses a delicate balance of potential, as well as, perils and pitfalls. When you decide a redesign is necessary for your website, web or mobile app, there are a number of things you need to consider beyond the technical aspects. In a constantly evolving landscape, users continually desire to be wowed, while at the same time your community and passionate audience have come to expect certain things when they visit and use your platform.
How do you achieve the fine line of maintaining consistency for your community while continuing to innovate and provide a differentiated core value?
Additional Supporting Materials
- What must you take into consideration when contemplating a redesign?
- When is a complete overhaul worth the investment of reviving your service and giving it new life?
- Private beta vs. releasing overall updates-pros and cons?
- Can a redesign help you re-distinguish yourself from the competition?
- How do you not alienate your loyal community while balancing redesign feedback from your power users?
- Siobhan Quinn, Product Manager, Foursquare
- Ramy Adeeb, CEO, Snip.it.
- Edith Harbaugh, Senior Product Manager, TripIt
- Matas Petrikas, Product Manager, SoundCloud
Kristina Weise , PR Manager, SoundCloud
Show me another