Agencies are the F***ing Worst
It’s no secret that among the digital community, creative agencies have a reputation for often being difficult to work with. Some even believe work can be better carried out with just the client and the digital shops themselves. So… what is the role for agencies? How can they be a partner vs a roadblock? Here an agency asks some digital leaders the question: How can agencies help the digital world, and what would have to happen for the work to be limitlessly good?
To paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction after reciting Ezekiel 25:17: “…Or it could be the client is the righteous man and the creative agency is the shepherd and it's the digital world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is... the creative agency is the tyranny of evil men. But we’re tryin, Ringo. We’re tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.” Are creative agencies the shepherd or are they the tyranny of evil men – and how can they become the bad-ass former?
- Why do creative agencies suck? They do suck, right?
- How are agencies helpful when they’re at their best?
- Why shouldn’t marketing departments go directly to digital agencies?
- What can be done to make the process better and improve the work?
- Who’s doing things right out there right now and what are they doing that others aren’t?
- Arni Maack Momentum Worldwide
- Joe Corr Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- Amanda Loughran Lollipop
- Ash Warren Driftlab
Arni Maack Momentum Worldwide