Will There Ever Be an Emoji in the Dictionary?
Emojis are everywhere. From Instagram captions to celebrity tweets to mobile marketing campaigns, there is no escaping the symbols that are being used to communicate and express real emotion. With the rise in wearable technology, will the future include a world where communication is conducted solely in yellow faces and symbols? This session will dive into the ways emojis are making an impact on the English language. Then, experts from Time Magazine and Dictionary.com will explore whether emojis will one day have a chance at finding a permanent home in the dictionary, or if their use be a passing fad.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How have emojis changed our daily communication?
- Will an emoji ever be added to the dictionary?
- What is the impact of emojis on the English language?
- Rebekah Otto, Director of Content, Dictionary.com
- Katy Steinmetz, San Francisco Bureau Chief, Time Magazine
Jennifer Conway, Account Supervisor, Dotted Line Communications
Show me another