Social Media Was Fun. Has Measurement Killed It?
Our culture is becoming more and more obsessed with data each day. Why? It's fun. Many people argue that measurement has killed social media– it’s let the marketers take over! But, the same data marketers use can be used by individuals to make better decisions, make more money, and even have more sex. And it doesn't require a data science degree to enjoy. The data is out there. It's accessible, and you can consume it, visualize it, and act on it, many times for free. It's big data for everyone. Are you ready to take advantage of it? This session will show you how social data can be turned into useful nuggets that can improve your personal life, health and business. Use analytics to track your friends so you know what birthday present to buy; better understand behaviors and what the opposite sex responds to; make data-driven personal decisions about what to watch, what to buy, and be ahead of the trends
Additional Supporting Materials
- How to determine which data to pay attention to and what to ignore for your personal goals?
- How to use social analytics to improve your dating life/Why people with higher Klout scores have more sex.
- How social data can help you become a pop culture expert – predict which TV shows will fail and which hot toy your niece will want for Christmas.
- How using social media data can make you better at your job and help you make more money?
- How you can start using this data in your everyday life.
Cybele Diamandopoulos, Marketing, Simply Measured
Show me another