Pivoting Your Start Up: A Cautionary Tale
At some point, most all start-ups have to take a good hard look at their original business model and reconsider the direction of the business. Managing change can be a huge challenge, especially with investors and employees who have their own set of expectations. To further compound this difficulty, "pivot" has come to be a dirty word in the media, but shifting your focus doesn't have to be a signal of failure. Learn from start-up survivors who have braved change and come out successful.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What's the difference between pivoting your business model and evolving your business model?
- How do you manage investor expectations as your business grows?
- How do you manage employee expectations as your business grows?
- How do you manage PR for pivot?
- What are the unexpected things you learn when changing your business model?
- Tim Gasper, Product Manager, Infochimps, Inc.
Tim Gasper, Product Manager, Infochimps, Inc.
Show me another