The Mobile Web In The Rest Of The World
It is called the World Wide Web for a reason. Sometimes we forget that, and all the millions of people around the world who are using the Web in countries we know little about. In this talk, we'll explore how mobile phones and the mobile web are changing the world, especially in developing countries.
We'll delve deep to get an insight into what people in developing countries are doing with the mobile web and which devices are they using the access it, as well as the unique challenges and advantages that they have, and what we can do to make our websites better suit the environment of developing countries.
- What are the most popular mobile devices being used to access the web in developing countries?
- What unique problems are people in developing countries solving using the mobile web?
- What are the unique problems faced in developing countries when it comes to mobiles and the mobile web? What are the advantages that they have?
- What are the differences as well as similarities in the way people access web content using mobiles in developed versus developing countries?
- What are some things to keep in mind to (In terms of performance, user interaction and more) optimize your site's experience in the context of these developing countries?
- Shwetank Dixit, Web Evangelist, Opera Software
Shwetank Dixit, Web Evangelist, Opera Software
Show me another