Community Management: Beyond the News Feed
As companies shift traffic away from websites and over to social pages (notice the icons at the conclusion of most tv spots), there's become a need to maximize the space offered on social media. Brands are asking developers to turn their Facebook pages into fully-functioning websites, letting users shop within the social network.
The majority of branding opportunities happen directly in news feeds (facebook, twitter and otherwise), and that's a place where companies are limited to the tools provided: videos, photos and status updates. How can brands take full advantage of this space?
This panel, featuring in-house community managers and agency representatives, will examine resources that allow brands, bands, teams, and organizations with social influence to expand the status update, and create a deeper interactive experience with fans and followers. How content is deployed directly affects relationships within their social communities -- who’s managing them matters, too.
- Without the assistance of social plugins and third-party sites, what are the most-effective ways community managers can utilize existing facebook and twitter updates?
- The way brand pages interact with fans and followers is dramatically different than how pages with parasocial relationships act (bands, celebrities, etc.) towards their online followings. Is there a way brands can act more like bands without damaging their branding or alienating their fans?
- Based on the panel’s experience, is there such a thing as too much good content? And, if so, what’s a better way to package it?
- There are plenty of extensions and applications for facebook, slightly less so for twitter. Which ones do the best job of delivering content and simultaneously promoting the brand?
- From the company perspective, is it more advantageous to hire an in-house community manager, or defer that responsibility to an outside agency?
- Spencer Rinkus Bre.ad
- Peter Slutsky Automattic/WordPress
- Kendra Bracken-Ferguson The Digital Brand Architects
- Laura Gluhanich about.me
Spencer Rinkus Bre.ad
Show me another