Social Media Against Humanity
Social Media Against Humanity is a celebration of remix culture, social media, snark and slightly embarrassed self-loathing. We've remixed the social card game Cards Against Humanity (CAH), adding SXSW and social media elements.
After a brief setup and explanation, all participants in the session will compete in a competition bracket of four 15-minute rounds of the SXSW-remixed version of the CAH card game. Based on the number of participants in the session, we will break into groups and each group will play a round of CAH. The winners from each group will move on to the next round, and we will repeat this process until a winner is chosen. Participants who are eliminated in the early rounds will be encouraged to watch, mock and heckle those still in the game.
This session is not associated with Cards Against Humanity LLC, and we are using the CAH concept under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 2.0 license. You can learn more about the source material at http://cardsagainsthumanity.com
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is Creative Commons and remix culture?
- What is it like to participate in an emergent community experience?
- Can a completely participatory experience work in the SXSW format?
- What other ways can individuals release concepts "into the wild" using a CC license?
- Who is the snarkiest, darkest and funniest person in Austin this March?
- Christopher Carfi Ant's Eye View
Christopher Carfi Ant's Eye View
Show me another