Connective Consciousness: Influencer Back Channels
We all use back channels for collaboration and engagement online, but it's one of those things that's rarely discussed in open forums in terms of its strategic importance. This session will dive into best practices from experienced online connectors and influencers - how they have built and used their networks on private back channels to support their professional work on the forefront. This includes e-mail, Facebook messaging and groups, Twitter direct messages, closed e-mail lists, and relates also to offline interaction. Panelists will share their secret sauces on how to generate genuine collaboration through these back channels, growing public engagement and influence in the process. They will also discuss the building of trusted networks online and how those connected networks help them personally and professionally.
- How important are back channel networks?
- How do you build trusted back channel networks?
- What are best practices for growing and maintaining connections out of the public eye yet still online?
- What kinds of back channel networks are most effective for a) sharing ideas, b) making new connections, c) promoting your work?
- Where do you go for help when there's a time crunch in responding to criticism or a heated topic online?
- Sarah Granger Center for Technology, Media & Society
- Brian Reich little m media
- Allyson Kapin Rad Campaign
- Ritambra Rana CitizenGlobal
Sarah Granger Center for Technology, Media & Society