How Iowa partners expand STEM opportunities to all
A unique public/private partnership in Iowa is dramatically expanding young people’s access to opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math.) A bipartisan, Governor-led STEM council made up of legislators, educators, business, nonprofits, students, and families is working to bring some of the nation’s most effective STEM education programs to a quarter of the state’s K-12 students. Learn how state leaders can join forces to supercharge their collective impact on young people.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Understand how public/private partnerships can maximize impact of limited resources by promoting broad access to education programs with proven impact
- Understand how to make a strong public case for state-level collaboration among leading stakeholders from across the political spectrum.
- Learn specific strategies from Iowa that can be applied in other states.
- Linda Rosen, CEO, Change the Equation
- Jeff Weld, Executive Director , Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Council
- Kim Reynolds, Lieutenant Governor, State of Iowa
Christina Gordon, Dir of Communications, Change the Equation
Show me another