Interdisciplinary Concepts + Tech in Design School
Teaching design has been fueled by technological changes and although critical design thinking has been fostered, interdisciplinary, boundary-breaking approaches between design, technology and art have been slow to penetrate current curriculum. Innovation occurs at the intersection of disciplines and we are committed to bringing this into our classroom via our teaching. This playground talk shares our interdisciplinary philosophies of teaching in respective design schools (Fashion Design and Graphic Design) and how we integrate these frameworks, concepts, and technologies into our coursework.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Making better designers by exploring technologies initially outside of their comfort zones and respective disciplines.
- Integrating interdisciplinary approaches into student's design work.
- Augmenting critical thinking by integrating interdisciplinary concepts, vocabulary, and processes.
- Markus Vogl, Assistant Professor, University of Akron
- Margarita Benitez, Fashion Technologist + Assistant Professor, University of Akron
Markus Vogl, Asst Professor, University of Akron
Show me another